Views
Helpful
Replies

Memory limitation for access lists in 1232 APs

pmorneault
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are trying to implement something over our wireless network a

nd to do it our security group is requiring a fairly long access list.  The problem is when I try to apply it to my access point it fails saying there isnt enough memory.  Is there a way to allocate more memory to the access point for access lists??

Thanks

~ Phil

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Errrr ... APs weren't designed to do complex (or long) ACLs.  Can't you move the ACLs to the router instead?

My security group wants the access list in the AP to prevent rogue devices from communicating on this less secure SSID.  Its less secure because the devices connecting are video consoles and im using a wired to wireless bridge device that cannot do radius/PEAP auth.

So no go in changing the memory allocation on them to allow for more room for ACLs?

~ Phil

Nope.

Sounds like you need a WLC.  If the WLC detects rogue APs, clients and ad-hoc, the operator can choose to "contain" the target.  When a device is being "contained" it will be receiving an overwhelming de-authenticate message forcing it to drop all active connections.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card