Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.1.1 devices that fail collection

AJ Schroeder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello group,

Just installed Ciscoworks and I have a bunch of devices that are failing to collect inventory and some that constantly fail the config archive process. I believe I have all the appropriate updates installed through Common Services. For the config archive failures, I am getting the following error:

CM0056 Config fetch failed for lm2bld-cs2 Cause: CM0204 Could not create  DeviceContext for 210 Cause: CM0206 Could not get the config transport  implementation for 10.3.254.18 Cause: UNKNOWN Action: Check if required device  packages are available in RME. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device  and required device package is installed.

The sysObjectID of the device in question is .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.947 and it's a CBS31X0 switch which I understand has had some issues before.

But I have a "Cisco 2600,2800,3700,3800 Series 16-Port EtherSwitch Service Module" that is failing too. That ID is  .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.663

Is there a way that I can fix these? I am not sure how to verify that I have the correct device packages installed.

Thanks,

AJ Schroeder

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update.  Click on the number next to RME, then search for the sysObjectID.  If not there, check the boxes next to RME and Common Services and download and install all available updates.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update.  Click on the number next to RME, then search for the sysObjectID.  If not there, check the boxes next to RME and Common Services and download and install all available updates.

Ah, I missed the clicking on the number next to RME, thank you for that. I did a search for the two particular sysObjectIDs that I posted and I did not find them listed (as suspected) so I checked the box next to RME and selected "Check Updates" and I used CCO and it found several hundred, so I downloaded them to C:\psu_download and I tried to install them but the job stays in the executed phase for quite some time and then seems to time out.

After the update failed, I tried to install the first 10 or so updates, those failed in the same manner as before. I did notice that the job was trying to update CiscoView instead of RME. Here is what I see when I check the status of the job:

Number of Packages Selected for Install : 24

For Product(s) : CiscoView

Install Invoked by user : ajschroedera

The Package(s) Selected for Install :

AP1200, Cat2900XL, Cat3750, Cat4000IOS, Cat6000IOS, CE500, CLIParser, CVGenericPackage, DtShare, Entity, IAD2400, MWR, NGMARShare, Pix, Routershare, Rtr12000, Rtr1800, Rtr1900, Rtr2900, Rtr3800, Rtr3900, Rtr7000, Rtr800, SwitchAddlets

WARNING :  SwitchAddlets(1.27):Version 1.27 already installed

WARNING :  Cat3750(10.0):Version 10.0 already installed

WARNING :  Rtr3800(9.0):Version 9.0 already installed

WARNING :  CE500(5.0):Version 5.0 already installed

WARNING :  NGMARShare(1.13):Version 1.13 already installed

NOTE : Warning messages have been snipped.Please Have a look at the log file for more details.

No package(s) to install for : CiscoView

I had a look on the server's psu.log but I am still very much a rookie on LMS, so I can't tell what exactly is happening. I attached the log, maybe this will help when someone more experienced takes a look.

Thank you for your help,

AJ

Joe,

Please pay no attention to that last post. I was under the impression that the RME updates behaved something like the FreeBSD ports system and handled all the dependencies for you, which I am finding out is not the case. There were several key libraries and SharedInventory updates that I was missing before installing my other updates.

Thanks,

AJ Schroeder

Good analogy.  The FreeBSD ports system is a wonderful work of art.  PSU updates are not like that.  You should always download and install all available updates to make sure dependency graphs can be fully resolved.

Joe,

Device updates was what was causing me the issues. Now that I have gone through all 113 updates and installed them, RME is behaving much better.

Thank you for the help!

AJ Schroeder

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: