cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 8.0.2, no softphone on CUPC 8 (but have it on cupc 7)

nboulet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a new install with CUPS 8.0.2. As i said, we configured all the system and i can see my desktop phone with CUPC 7 and 8.

But i created a softphone associated with my profile, i could use it on CUPC 7 (call external and internal). But it does'nt appear on CUPC 8.

What is the difference ?

Regards,

Nicolas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rohorgan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is because CUPC 8.0 uses CSF for the softphone now instead of the UPC device.  You will need to create another phone in CUCM which is of the device type "Client Services Framework"

Please find additional documentation here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgclient.html#wp1167907

Thank you,

Robbie

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

rohorgan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is because CUPC 8.0 uses CSF for the softphone now instead of the UPC device.  You will need to create another phone in CUCM which is of the device type "Client Services Framework"

Please find additional documentation here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgclient.html#wp1167907

Thank you,

Robbie

Thanks, it works ! i don't have seen the update on the configuration manual.

hi rohorgan,

i have a question please:

i have a CUPC 7 and CUPS 7. I tries everything but the softphone wont work,,it is unknown to cucm also i am not able tpo enter softphone mode. all the user associations and UPC naming convension etc are done as per Cisco docs. any idea?

thanks

Reza

That's normal for the soft phone (UPC device) to show unknown.  It will only show registered when CUPC has switched over to soft phone mode and successfully registered.  To look at why you cannot switch to soft phone in CUPC 7, go to Help > Show Server Health and click on the softphone option to get more details.  You may not have a TFTP listed there to download the configuration of the softphone.

Ho Joemar,

checked that.complted the download and i can the see the blue icon saying softphone but its disconnecting......

not really sure why

R

Hi again joemar

in fact i can even get the cnf file for the particular UPC softphone from xp pc and tftp i get command.

any idea?

Can you telnet to the call manager's IP address and port 5060 since the softphone will try and connect directly to call manager on port 5060 since it's a SIP device when in softphone mode?  A packet capture (wireshark) might be the next step after that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: