Level 2
Level 2

Hello all,

Here is IPT network information:

. Head office:
CCM v.4 server & Unity v.4 server->WAN->Remote site VGW, running MGCP

. Outside callers dial remote site main number, call flow is
carrier T1 CAS link ->Remote site VGW->Greeting->IP phone at remote site
(A call handler, which is created in Unity server at head office, will play the greeting)

My questoin is:
how can i configure VGW to make it work?

My thought is :
create translation rule on VGW-> main number replaced by the call handler extention number xxxx(eg. 1111), here how can the VGW be configured to forward the incoming call to 1111?

Thanks in advance,

Howard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Since the gateway is configured as a MGCP gateway all the configurations will be handled by the Call Manager server at the head office.  Basically all you need to do is create the AA in Unity and assign it an extension.  Then you can create a CTI Route Point that does a forward all to Voicemail.  The CTI Route Point should match the extension assigned to the AA in Unity.  This keeps you from having to configure a call route in unity.  If the extension doesn't match the DID coming into the remote site, then create a translation rule in Call Manager to translate the called number to the CTI Route Point that you created.

I hope this helps.

Please be sure to rate any post that is helpful....

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Since the gateway is configured as a MGCP gateway all the configurations will be handled by the Call Manager server at the head office.  Basically all you need to do is create the AA in Unity and assign it an extension.  Then you can create a CTI Route Point that does a forward all to Voicemail.  The CTI Route Point should match the extension assigned to the AA in Unity.  This keeps you from having to configure a call route in unity.  If the extension doesn't match the DID coming into the remote site, then create a translation rule in Call Manager to translate the called number to the CTI Route Point that you created.

I hope this helps.

Please be sure to rate any post that is helpful....

Thanks for your reply, Kelvin.

As I mentioned, a call handler was created and extension 1111 was assigned to that call handler.

When the caller dials  remote site main number, (eg.123-4567) ,  the call flow is :   T1 link at remote site --> remote VGW--> Unity greeting rings.

In this case,  do I need to create a translation rule in CCM instead of VGW?   And that translation rule will translate 123-4567 to 1111, so that the incoming call will be forwarded to the call handler which is AA (automated attendant) in Unity, is this correct?

Thanks again,

That's correct. Translation rules are for H323 deployments. MGCP relies on CUCM for any kind of transformation.

You'll need a translation pattern to turn the DN into 1111 and also a forwarded call routing rule in Unity to catch those calls.

That, or modify the CH DN to match the phone number you're turning into 1111.

Unity uses the original called number to route calls, so you need to use any of the above.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Java. Finally it is working.....

The additional and last change I made is:

On CCM, --> remote voice gateway->Add remote site main#(123-34567) to E&M Port prefix DN

I have to made lots of testing calls and try everything I can , finally figure out the above solution. 

I am still wondering why the remote site main# has to added to prefix DN manually.  

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: