Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Groups

xshant
Level 1
Level 1

Dear *,

I have a user defined group ABCD created in common services. My question is do i need to create this group ABCD in RME, CM and DFM manually or somehow it will be created automatically? Plus i created manually this group ABCD in RME and CM. Now in common services i see three user defined groups one created in CS, one from RME and one from CM. I see alll three under device management in CS. What is the best practise here. Do i need ABCS group in all applications? The idea is to have a group ABCD and then have sub groups and these sub groups will highlight the location of the devices.

Thanks,

Aamir

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Provided you can create the necessary groups in Common Services (i.e. you have all of the required attributes), then you only need to create the group in CS.  The group will be shared across all applications.  You do not have to recreate the group in all applications.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: