Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5K VPC Peer Link

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an install with 2 x N5Ks configured with a vPC Peer Link. There are multiple Vlans and VPCs required.

However there is also a requirment to single connect some of the Servers directly to the 5Ks. As an example the Servers will be in Vlan 100 and some will be connected to 5K-SW1 with others connected to 5K-SW2.

Will traffic flows between the servers use the VPC peer Link or would an additional Trunk link be required for non VPC vlans. If this is the case, rather than allow all vlans over the VPC Peer Link should this be limited to VPC Vlans.

thanks

Ian.

4 Replies 4

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi lan,

The best is to avoid single connected to vpc. If that is not possible, use separate link for non vpc vlan is recommended.

Regards,

Lei Tian

Lei,

Thanks for the update.

If I create another vlan for single connected hosts, is it okay to allow this vlan over the VPC Peer Link or should I create another Trunk between the N5K Peer switches for non VPC vlans and also ensure that this vlan is not allowed over the VPC Peer Link.

regards

Ian.

Hi lan,

Only allow vpc vlans on peer-link, and a separate link to trunk non vpc vlans.

Regards,

Lei Tian

Great. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card