Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 and two 7914 expansion modules

fgasimzade
Level 4
Level 4

Good Evening, gents!

Cisco 7960 with two 7914. Everything worked fine untill yesterday. The second expansion module started flashing red lights, nothing is displayed.

I swaped expansion modules, no changes - the second module is still flashing red lights.

Can not find any description for flashing red lights

PLease, help!

Thank you everyone in advance!

12 Replies 12

philip.e.denton
Level 3
Level 3

Probably not the sidecars then... have you tried swapping phone and AUX cable?

Yes, I swapped AUX cables, no changes..

Is it possible the device-level config was changed so "Module 2" no longer has the right settings for the sidecar/firmware?

No, I am the only one who could do that..But as far as I remember, I never did that ))

Could you humor me and swap out the phone?  If you feel like the config is good and you've already swapped the sidecars and AUX cable that's about all that's left!  (Aside from PWR-CUBEs)

I am going to replace the phone today, will let you know the results

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the lights flashing, or solid red?

Is this CME or CUCM?

You may be hitting this bug, perhaps?

CSCsw25514

7914 fails to re-register after 'reset' is issued on CME 4.3

They are flashing, it is CUCM 6

Was going to replace the phone today, but the second expansion module is now working fine..

Strange....  Maybe your building is haunted.  I'm glad things are working now but I wish we'd found a root cause!

Yeah, right, it is strange, still wondering how it is happening. Thank you anyway!

You're welcome.  Feel free to update us if it starts acting up again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: