cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow Unlimited Concurrent Connections

laurabolda
Level 1
Level 1

We have ASA, running 8.0(5).  We setup one user account for several people in the same department to login to Cisco VPN client.  Is there a way to allow unlimited concurent connections?   Would you recommend using one account for several people in the same department?  We have one account for "sales" for all sales staff, one account "engineer" for all engineers, one account "tech support" for all support staff.

Thanks.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If you have a VPN user let's say cisco:

username cisco attributes

vpn-simultaneous-logins ?

<0-2147483647>  Maximum number of simultaneous logins allowed

I don't think you should use the same account for several people because if you need to track down someone, you can't (because several people share the account).

Federico.

View solution in original post

Laura,

I don't think there's a default because a ''sh run all user'' does not show me any default value for this setting, and also when typing the command it gives you the option to type any value between

But again, does not shows a default.

Federico.

Laura,

I don't believe there's a limit either.

For example, if it's an ASA 5505 it will accept either 10 or 25 IPsec VPN connections (depending on the license).

If it's a 5510 it will accept 250 and so on...

The ASA counts the amount of IPsec connections and I believe it does not matter how many users you have in a single profile.

Federico.

5 Replies 5

Hi,

If you have a VPN user let's say cisco:

username cisco attributes

vpn-simultaneous-logins ?

I don't think you should use the same account for several people because if you need to track down someone, you can't (because several people share the account).

Federico.

Federico,

Do you know the default setting for concurrent connections?  Thanks.

Laura,

I don't think there's a default because a ''sh run all user'' does not show me any default value for this setting, and also when typing the command it gives you the option to type any value between

But again, does not shows a default.

Federico.

Thanks for your prompt response and information.  I am assigning each user an account per your recommendation.  I will make a change for each department.  For now, do you know how many concurrent users are allowed per account?  Is it unlimited concurrent connections?  Thanks.

Laura,

I don't believe there's a limit either.

For example, if it's an ASA 5505 it will accept either 10 or 25 IPsec VPN connections (depending on the license).

If it's a 5510 it will accept 250 and so on...

The ASA counts the amount of IPsec connections and I believe it does not matter how many users you have in a single profile.

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: