Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving L to L tunnel from 3000 concentrator to ASA 5510

forman102
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm looking into moving VPN Lan to Lan tunnel configuration from Cisco 3000 VPN concentrator to ASA 5510. I noticed that this particular configuration has NAT enabled in the concentrator (Config => Policy Management => Traffic Mgmt => NAT => L to L Rules)... there are 2 servers NATted to 192.168.1.1 and .2 addresses, so I need to do the same in ASA. What steps should I take to achieve the same config in ASA? Can this be done thru SDM?

thank you,

forman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In ASDM => configuration => NAT Rules, I can create static rule from Inside interface to Inside int, and then create the tunnel using "translated address" or "translated network" as Local network in VPN config. Is it correct?

That is correct.

You should NAT the traffic of the VPN and define the VPN traffic from the translated addresses.

Federico.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

I'm not sure if TAC has a tool that converts from VPN Concentrator to ASA.

I've always done them manually either via CLI or ASDM.

Federico.

Thanks Federico, but how would you define NAT statements for VPN tunnel in ASA? I can't find it in ASDM and don't have much experience to configure thru CLI. It seems that it was quite easy to do in the concentrator.

In ASDM => configuration => NAT Rules, I can create static rule from Inside interface to Inside int, and then create the tunnel using "translated address" or "translated network" as Local network in VPN config. Is it correct?

That is correct.

You should NAT the traffic of the VPN and define the VPN traffic from the translated addresses.

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: