Views
Helpful
Replies

Large UC5x0 installs?

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I just wanted to get feedback from people who have large installs 50 -100 phones with a UC 5x0 system. I wanted to know any lessons leanred, challenges, or things you would have done differently; including going to a CUCME instead.

I wold also like to know how many of these sizes are really out there, and if the boxes can truly handle these loads.

Thanks,

Bob James

3 Replies 3

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

No one?

In my opinion, the big thing here would be the feature set of the UC500 vs a CME device.

With a 100 user base, are you confident that everything your users want out of your phone system can be configured solely by CCA?  If not, CME and a CLI-based configuration is really the way to go for feature flexibility.

Thanks Steven,

Yes I would say around 100 it's pushing it, but sub 100 to 50 users, I wanted to know real world scenerios. the UC line does offer excellent features versus costs, and the phones and investments toward the CME ISR line and 7900 tends to steer clients away.

I just wanted to see how many of even if partners out there are putting in 50-75 client UC5xx systems and if so what teh general experience was.

We have heard from support on more than one occasion; "you should be looking at an ISR", and I'm wondering if this response is because they know the product better, too many issues with the UC5xx systems, or the capability of the UC5xx is not what's adverstised.

Thanks,

Bob James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: