Multicasting with AP1141N

Answered Question
Aug 31st, 2010

I recently had 4 1141N access points installed in my home. Everything works fine except I have one Windows application for Lutron lighting control that uses multicasting to find the Lutron main control device on the network. If my PC is on a wired connection, everything works fine. The software can "discover" the Lutron controller on the network with no problem. However, when I try the exact same thing on the same PC but using wireless access, it doesn't work.

I'm wondering if there might be a parameter on the WAP that needs to be set to enable multicasting. The guys who installed the network were running late, so I suspect they just accepted the defaults for everything they could and perhaps multicasting is not enabled by default.

Any ideas on what I need to do to change the WAP config to enable multicasting?

Karl

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Surendra BG about 6 years 2 months ago

issue the command  "no ip igmp snooping" or "no ip igmp snooping vlan " on the AP CLI to get the multicast up and running and let me know how this works out for you.

Regards

Surendra

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Surendra BG Wed, 09/15/2010 - 01:47

issue the command  "no ip igmp snooping" or "no ip igmp snooping vlan " on the AP CLI to get the multicast up and running and let me know how this works out for you.

Regards

Surendra

Actions

This Discussion