cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection call transfer issue

victorchen
Level 1
Level 1

Need help for Unity Connection 7.15, I create a call handler and use caller iput to process my IVR menu,

when people press 1 ...the call should divert to one of my hunt polit number on call manager directly.

However, when I test it, I hear "wait I will transfer your call" then play an on hold music about 15 sec ...then transfer call.

how can I transfer immediately?  my action on caller input is using "Transfer to Alternate Contact Number "

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Victor,

This delay is not likely caused by the Unity Connection config

This type of delay (15 seconds) is usually caused by an Overlap in the Dialplan. For example DN's that are 8xxx and a RP that begins with 8. The best way to fix this is to remove any overlapping patterns. Check the DN of the Hunt Pilot to ensure there are no Overlapping #'s in the Dial Plan.

You can also look at this CCM Parameter (Interdigit Timeout);

Here is the method to change the "interdigit timeout";

Complete these steps to modify the settings:

Select Service > Service Parameters to go to Cisco CallManager System Parameters from the Cisco CallManager 4.1(x) Administration page.

Select the name of your server and service from the Server and Service fields.

Select TimerT302_msec.

In the Value field, type the timeout you want to configure (specify the time in milliseconds). For example, if you want to configure 5 seconds as the interdigit timeout, type 5000.

Caution: Be careful. Do not set the interdigit timeout value too low, otherwise the user does not have enough time to enter the digits while calling.

Click Update.

Restart Cisco CallManager to implement the changes.

From this excellent doc;

Delay in Call Establishment: Configuring the Interdigit Timeout

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dab26.shtml#solution3

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Victor,

This delay is not likely caused by the Unity Connection config

This type of delay (15 seconds) is usually caused by an Overlap in the Dialplan. For example DN's that are 8xxx and a RP that begins with 8. The best way to fix this is to remove any overlapping patterns. Check the DN of the Hunt Pilot to ensure there are no Overlapping #'s in the Dial Plan.

You can also look at this CCM Parameter (Interdigit Timeout);

Here is the method to change the "interdigit timeout";

Complete these steps to modify the settings:

Select Service > Service Parameters to go to Cisco CallManager System Parameters from the Cisco CallManager 4.1(x) Administration page.

Select the name of your server and service from the Server and Service fields.

Select TimerT302_msec.

In the Value field, type the timeout you want to configure (specify the time in milliseconds). For example, if you want to configure 5 seconds as the interdigit timeout, type 5000.

Caution: Be careful. Do not set the interdigit timeout value too low, otherwise the user does not have enough time to enter the digits while calling.

Click Update.

Restart Cisco CallManager to implement the changes.

From this excellent doc;

Delay in Call Establishment: Configuring the Interdigit Timeout

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dab26.shtml#solution3

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: