Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Topology and groups in LMS 3.2

yawena2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

The switches we are operating are too many to have them on one Network Topology window/page. Therefore, they are grouped in order to make them easier to navigate, identify the location in the country, faults etc. The problem is that if one wants to open more than a group from Topology Services, you get a window for every group on Network Topology window unless you’ve closed the last one.  Setting the Topology Services and Network Topology windows side by side is not an option now.

My question is:

Is it possible to have the Topology Services and Network Topology on one window? Of course the summary page for Topology Services go away in this case but there should be a choice if one wants to see the summary or Network Topology for that group. 

For example choosing a group from left panel and get the Network Topology on the right, but on the same window?

When you click on next group (left panel) then you get the Network Topology on the right, substituting the last group. May be this is feature request? Thanks.

Greetings

Yawena

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this would need to be an enhancement request.  It is currently not possible.  The actual topology map will always open in a new window separate from the summary window.

Thank you Joseph!

I hope this function can be included in future release of LMS.

Yawena.

The next release of LMS is due out this month.  It will not include this feature, but it will include a lot of usability enhancements.  You can see a my blog post at https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/network-infrastructure/network-management/blog/2010/08/28/the-journey-to-lms-40 for more of what's to come.

For this feature, I recommend you get with your sales team and ask them to create a Product Enhancement Request for this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: