Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing the existing ISA with ASA

There is existing IPSEC VPN between two ISA servers, and now i want to replace the headend  ISA with ASA with all the existing rules applied on it. Can you please advice me on anything that will help me on doing this? if there is additional thing to be done on the ASA  please let me know?

Thank You in advance

Mulu

4 Replies 4

lawchung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no easy way of doing this. You will have to configure the VPN on the ASA per the following document and using the same parameters on the ISA to match the other end. Put the ASA into production during a maintenance window and troubleshoot any issues with the connection.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008045a2d2.shtml

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help and the document is very helpful. I know IPSEC is an open standard, but i want to be sure if there is something specific or

additional configuration apart from the normal on the ASA to communicate with the ISA server since  its another vendor product.

Thank You

Mulu

Hi Mulu,

No additional configuration is needed apart from the normal IPSec configuration.

Thank You Very Much!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: