cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Lab

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

If I wanted to set up a UCCE lab and use the CAD client - are there evaluation licenses that are native to the installation or do I have to acquire evaluation licenses from Cisco?  Is there any great advantage to using CAD or CTIOS client?  I'm not anywhere near doing any custom client development and just trying to acquire a high level UCCE understanding.

TIA,

Amir

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

• What is the relationship between the company you work for and Cisco in so far as UCCE is concerned.
  • Is your company recognized as an Advanced Technology Provider by Cisco?
  • Where will you get the install media from?

CAD requires licencing - CTIOS does not, and works on the honour system with customers.

Regards,

Geoff

We are a large enterprise customer and have licensed / supported UCCE in production. We are attempting to build a test environment and already have installation media.  Given your response Geoff - I think it will be easist to utilize the CTIOS client or else ask our CAM for CAD licenses.

As always, very grateful for your timely responses.

Amir

We are a large enterprise customer and have licensed / supported UCCE in production. We are attempting to build a test environment and already have installation media. 

As a customer with a licenced deployment you are entitled to build test environments. As long as you don't take customer calls, Cisco allow you to leverage your production licence into other setups within your establishment.

Go with CTIOS. If you push Cisco you would probably be able to get 5 CAD licences for your test platform.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: