Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 4/Unity 4 External Mask

Calls from PSTN>UNITY>IP PHONE>CALL FORWARD ALL>PSTN show the caller ID of the Unity port. I need to use the mask from the phone or RL/RG instead. Assistance appreciated.

Brian

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Brian,

Have you tried playing with this setting?

CallManager System Parameter:

Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)

Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity = True

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

As always thanks. I'll check this parameter out and post a follow-up.

Hope all is well otherwise.

Brian

Unfortunately not there Rob. CM version is 4.1(3)SR1 and it appears that wasn't implemented yet. Working it through with TAC, but if you have any further insite please share.

Thanks!

Brian

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Check your voicemail ports, and where it shows External Number Mask do you have 10 X's? If I remember correctly when i was on 4.1 I had to do that in order to get the CLID to work from Unity. You also need the 10 X's on your Route Pattern as well.

Will check that out. Oddly enough I also noticed that incoming calls from an intercluster trunk are also failing when the local cluster's phone is forwarded to the PSTN.

Interesting, Here's what I observed:

(BEFORE CHANGE TO EXTERNAL MASK ON UNITY PORT)

Sep  2 10:32:21.624 EDT: ISDN Se2/0/1:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x0
7A4
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
                Standard = CCITT
                Transer Capability = Speech
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA98395
                Exclusive, Channel 21
        Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '6101'
                Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
        Called Party Number i = 0x80, '1201xxxxxxx'
Sep  2 10:32:21.744 EDT: ISDN Se2/0/1:23 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref =
0x87A4

(AFTER CHANGING EXTERNAL MASK TO XXXXXXXXXX)
Sep  2 10:34:24.128 EDT: ISDN Se2/0/1:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x0
7A7
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
                Standard = CCITT
                Transer Capability = Speech
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA98395
                Exclusive, Channel 21
        Called Party Number i = 0x80, '1201xxxxxxx'
Sep  2 10:34:24.260 EDT: ISDN Se2/0/1:23 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref =
0x87A7

Nice workaround. The only problem now is that the call appears sourced from the BTN and I have a multi-tenant environment.

What do you have set for the external phone mask on the phone that is doing the forwarding? You will need to have that set as well.

There's an external mask, however the Route List for the ICT is set to "NO" for "use calling party's external mask". The reason is to allow display of the four-digit extension when dialing between clusters. If I change it to YES the full mask shows on calls. The individual clusters are associated government sites that want to see four digits. So now I have to figure out how to display four digits, but permit calls to hit the PSTN with 10 if forwarded.

One idea: create a set of Route Patterns in a new partition with a mask set, then assign a new CSS to the local phone DN's Call Forward All CSS. So only calls forwarded get this designated mask.

Your idea is the one I would choose. Maybe the Rob, Bill, Java and Philip can chime in on this with recommendations. They are always good with stuff like this.