cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Script Editor Not getting updated calltypes and variables

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I am creating new call types and user variables in the config manager.  I then go to the ICM Script editor on the AW and reload the configuration.

None of the new items I created in config manager are showing up in the script editor.

The only thing that has changed in my enviroment was a call manager upgrade from 7.1.2.2100 to 7.1.2.31900

I was told the jtapi version stayed the same.

Any suggestions?

Im running ICM 7.5.5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So the reason my user variables did not show up is becasue when I created them I left the object type set to "Service" instead of changing it to "User"

The call types where because I had set the cutomer wrong.

Two fairly easy mistakes to make - although the second one is more specialized. The first one is so annoying - because you can't change the type and have to delete, flush and then recreate.

My own technique when creating user variables is to set the TYPE to "User Variable" first thing, before even adding the name.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here but do you happen to have a script open that's still in Edit Mode? Script Editor won't update config until all scripts are out of Edit Mode.

LOL, Nope I do not have any scripts open.  Even if I did have when your press the "Reload Configuration" button it will save all your open scripts so ICM can pull updates.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Ha! My bad. I was thinking of Initialize Local Database. Completely forgot about the Reload Config button in Script Ed. Curious to hear what's causing this. Let us know what you find. Thanks!

robb.allred
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen this happen before - but it happened when I was using ISE. Or when someone else was connected and had the same script open.  But you're right - it should still work when you reload.  Have you tried exiting the script editor altogether - and then re-opening?

Robb

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

Ohhh I'm so embarressed!!  I was scripting with very tired eyes. 

So the reason my user variables did not show up is becasue when I created them I left the object type set to "Service" instead of changing it to "User"

The call types where because I had set the cutomer wrong.  We have ICM security enabled so one customer can not mess with anothers scripts and info.

It's the little things that get ya!

The call types where because I had set the cutomer wrong.

Two fairly easy mistakes to make - although the second one is more specialized. The first one is so annoying - because you can't change the type and have to delete, flush and then recreate.

My own technique when creating user variables is to set the TYPE to "User Variable" first thing, before even adding the name.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: