cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems connecting fiber

jonesl1
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with connecting a nexus 5k to a 4948 Metro switch.   I'm thinking it probably has to do with

my modules, but I wanted to talk to all you professionals to determine if this is actually the problem.  

On the 4948, I have a X2-10GB-LX4

On the Nexus 5k, I'm using an SFP-10G-SR-AO (10GBASE-SR SFP + LC MMF F/Cisco) 

I can't seem to get the fiber to link up.   I've swapped the ends around to see if I had it crossed, but it just wont seem to go.  

On the Nexus 5k, before I plug the SFP into it, the port light is amber.   Once I plug the SFP in, the port light goes out.   From that point, i get

nothing.  

Do I have a conflict in modules here or what is my deal?  Please, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The X2-10GB-LX4 is using wavelength of 1310nm and the SFP-10G-SR-AO is using 850nm. They are using different wavelength and of course, it will not work.You should match both side of the SFP with the same type.

Here is the data sheet for the X2-10GB-LX4

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/ps6574/product_data_sheet0900aecd801f92aa.html

Also, the SFP-10G-SR-AO is not a Cisco part number/product, TAC will not support such SFP if there is any issue with your N5K.

Regards,

jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: