cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 firmware update won't update

safeharborfc
Level 1
Level 1

Two days ago Cisco released an firmware update (2.0.0.3v2) for the RVS4000. I downloaded it and my router won't recognize it as a firmware upgrade. I noticed the file has a .img extension I thought perhaps it meant for me to burn an image of the firmware so that I could upgrade from a CD, but apparently Windows7 does not recognize this as a burnable image. I've downloaded the file with Firefox, IE and Safari with the same results. Can't burn the .img file and it won't be recognized by the router as a firmware upgrade.

What do Cisco?

3 Replies 3

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The following is straight from the firmware release note.

RVS4000 V2 is a hardware revision of the RVS4000 product. Although all of the

features of RVS4000 are preserved in the V2 product, the firmware is

not compatible.

If your router has hardware version 2, you will see V

02 in the PIDVID label on the

bottom panel of the router.

Firmware v2.0.0.3 shares the same set of known issues as RVS4000 firmware

Since RVS4000 v2 is a hardware revision..I would like to know what was revised in v2.

Seems like you changed the STAR 9202 cpu to a ARM processor (based on license agreement). But would like to know if any other changes.

Thanks

RVS4000 V2 replaced the Vitesse VSC7385 with the Realtek RTL8366RB.

The CPU does not change, although the chip is marked as a Cavium Networks part due to the acquisition of STAR by Cavium.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: