cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward anonymous & Blocked CLID over cube & SIP trunk 2 ptsn

dmooreami
Level 3
Level 3

Don't ask why, but I have some 800#'s to point to a local extension. Depending on time of day these numbers are answered locally.  But after hours, get forwarded off to another phone number that is NOT part of my CUCM7 cluster.

My setup is using CUCM 7.1 and a Cisco cube running 15.02 code connected to Verizon SBC via SIP. Verizon provides we with SIP trunks.  I have no PRI or T1 connection. 100% VoIP in to the Verizon cloud.

We have found recently that if there is no CallerID (CLID) or marked "private"  I can not get my verizon SIP provider to "take the call".  If CLID is passed, the forwarding of the numbers works 100%

What do I need to do in the CUBE with a Dial  Peer or SIP profile  to modify my outbound SIP packet to take my companis "main number"?

My guess is that Verizon is Anonymous@xyz.com rather than a valid DID of 5551212@xyz.com.  Since anonymous isn't a valid registered DID with them, it gets dropped.

2 Replies 2

frlindse
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The easiest way would be to use a SIP profile on the

outbound SIP

dial-peer.  "800" or toll free numbers (not just Vz) reject calls without CLID as a normal procedure.

Hmmm... one other possibilty is that they are rejecting the call be

cause of the redirecting number

which can set off alarms.

If it is a valid DID your service provider should not care, however if it is an extension number that could cause the call to get dropped.