ICM and IPIVR Integration

Unanswered Question
Sep 1st, 2010
User Badges:

I’m finding some difficult integrating  ICM and IPIVR release 8.  I have a very simple environment and I need to use IPIVR just as a queue point.

The call flow is:

1.    The call is delivered to a Routing Point
2.    Through a CallType the Call is mapped to a Script
3.    By using a Queue node, the Script send the Call to a Skill Group

The flow above is working fine. The only thing I need to do is queue the call in case of  agent not available.
I’m using two PG’s, one for Call Manager PIM and another for VRU PIM.  Both are installed, configured and in active state.

Does any one could help me or send me a step-by-step explain how the best way to accomplish this task?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Nathan Luk Thu, 09/02/2010 - 00:11
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hi Cristian,

Is the system deployed as a System PG? If so you should be able to just use a Send to VRU node then Run External Script node to play treatment. Otherwise if you have a Call Manager PG and a VRU PG for the IVRs you will have to do a translation route to send the call to the IVR. Which if you don't already have translation routes configured, can be a little more complicated. You can refer to the Scripting and Media Routing Guide for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_7_5/user/guide/ipce75sg.pdf

Cheers,

Nathan

Actions

This Discussion