cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAR as Proxy Radius: How to add attribute in proxy response (access-accept message)

punit.dixit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Cisco Access Registrar working as Proxy Radius while authentication/authorization is being done by third party radius. CAR doesn't have profile for that user.

My requirement is that whenever 3rd party radius sends Access-Accept packet, CAR should add one more attribute in that access-accept packet before sending it to client.

Please suggest that way to get this done.

Regards

1 Reply 1

Atif Awan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

punit.dixit@wipro.com

Hi,

I have Cisco Access Registrar working as Proxy Radius while authentication/authorization is being done by third party radius. CAR doesn't have profile for that user.

My requirement is that whenever 3rd party radius sends Access-Accept packet, CAR should add one more attribute in that access-accept packet before sending it to client.

Please suggest that way to get this done.

Regards

You should be able to do this via a TCL script mapped to an appropriate extension point in CAR (either outbound to the client or inbound from the remote radius server). Please go through information at the following URL as I believe it should provide you with enough data to implement this yourself. If you still need help please provide specifics of problem you are facing:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/access_registrar/5.0/user/guide/extpoint.html

There are also some sample scripts available with the CAR installation that you can go through in order to get an idea as to how to implement this. Your requirement does not seem too complicated as all you need to do is verify if the response is an Access-Accept and based on it add an attribute to the response.

Atif