cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant console and assistant console

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to find the download for the attendant console, but when I go to the plugins download page, I only see "assistant console".

So I have two questions:

1: Where do I find "attendant console" for the operator?

2: What is the difference in "attendant console" and "assitant console"?

Any help would be appreciated.

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ho John,

If you are running a 7.x/8.x  CUCM version, the Attendant Console is no longer

available as it has been deprecated in the newer CUCM versions

Assistant Console is related to IPMA.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob, just a question. I am running 7.1.3 and I have the attendant console for download in the plugins. Is this because i upgraded vs installing a fresh version of 7?

Hi Tracy,

You betcha my friend

Fresh installs of 7.x do not include the Plug-in.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John/Tracy,

Here is the related note;

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tip If you upgrade from a compatible Cisco CallManager 4.X release or a compatible Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.X or 6.X release to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 7.1(2), you can obtain the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console plug-in from the Find and List Plugins window in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.

Cisco does not support the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console with new installations of Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1(2), and the plug-in does not display in the Find and List Plugins window in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration after new installations. If you reinstall Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.X on a server after an upgrade to 7.1(2), the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console plug-in does not display in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration on that server after you complete the installation.

If you obtained the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console plug-in from the Cisco software download site in Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0, you can use that plug-in with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1(2). In this case, Cisco recommends that you save the plug-in to a location on a PC that you will remember.

***If you want to use attendant console functionality after a Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1(2) installation/upgrade, Cisco recommends that you use the Cisco Unified Business Attendant Console, Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console, or the Cisco Unified Department Attendant Console.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html

These new versions are actually designed/built by ARC Solutions in partnership with Cisco;

Cisco Unified Deparment Attendant Console (CUDAC)

Cisco Unified Business Attendant Console (CUBAC)

Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console (CUEAC)

Check out Table 1-2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/arc/arcrn3014.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Ah, thank you!

asharsidd
Level 1
Level 1

Just to add my 2 cents to Rob Valuable post..

Attendant console is not available in CUCM 7.x but if you upgrade it from CUCM5.x,6.x then you will still have attendane console Plugin availabe.

One issue which I recently had after upgarding one customer from 6.x to 7.x was that all their Attendant console users started having weired issues like console freezing for 10-12 secs etc. I had to remove and re-install all attendant consoles to make them work after the upgrade.

Thank you guys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: