cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

64 bit VPN immediately minimizes to bottom taskbar on my windows 7 professional version\

Plutchok5
Level 1
Level 1

Help,

I have a new computer with windows 7 professional and I have tried to install the new 64 bit VPN.  A shortcut was created on my desktop.  Everytime I try to open it the client starts and then immediately falls to the blue task bar on the bottom of the screen.  I can not log in or add profiles

Any advice?

4 Replies 4

Mr_Helpful
Level 1
Level 1

Jeff,

Assuming you mean that the application window is not visible at all before the application minimizes, it sounds like something I have seen before with all kinds of applications.

The window of the VPN Client application is quite small, and it looks like Windows has placed it on some coordinates that are not in the visual area of your monitor. Maybe, a second monitor has been attached in the past, and Windows uses the center of that one as default (for some strange reason) for this application.

When the application is running, right-click on the taskbar-icon and choose 'move'. Now move the pointer to the center of your screen and release it there. That should make the application window visible again.

If not, ask another expert...

;-)

Thank you. I will try your suggestions this weekend.

how new is this box

because for one of my collegues system restore fixed the issue

also try other alternatives like clean uninstall and install of vpn client

Thank you. I tried to uninstall it via windows 7 uninstaller and reinstalling it. It did the something. Is there a better unistaller? Maybe there is components in the registry. The login flashes for a second before it minimizes. It then gets placed in the taskbar as unconnected. Unpinning it from taskbar just closes it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: