cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serial HWIC for the Cisco 1861 router

a.maldonado
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning to replace an old 7500 router with a smaller one.

The question I have is that the 7500 has a 4 port serial g703 unbalanced card (PA-4E1G/75 15-pin with D-shell (DB-15) receptacles on the port adapters and which operate in full-duplex mode at the E1 speed of 2.048-Mbps) and I am not sure what HWIC will do the same job for the Cisco 1861 router. Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you configure the other side of the circuit for framed 30 or 31 channels ? That would allow you use even a vwic 1st generation, non capable of unframed mode.

Thank you for your comment Paolo, and apologies for the late reply. I was away for two weeks and I am just catching up with things.

To answer your question: No I can't do that. The circuit is E1 and the router I want to replace is a 7500 with a PA-4E1G703/G704 75 omh unbalanced. This type of interface uses the 15 pin-D shell at the router end, and two BNC connectros with coax at the other end. The cable used is CAB-E1-BNC= as shwon below.

My question is, what interface of the Cisco 1861 router can I use to connect this E1 circuit and/or what changes do I need to make to the circuit presentation to be able to use this router. The circuit is currently presented with two BNC female connectors

Thank you.

Arturo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: