cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to block Fax machines from dialing 911

hutto.txed.net
Level 1
Level 1

We have a problem at our school where people are accedently dialing 911 on the fax machines, and since 911 operators cannot call back they always have police show up.  I would like to be able to put all of our fax machines on their own partition and prevent them from dialling 911, but can call internal, local and long distance. Had any one done this and send me a sample config.

5 Replies 5

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

We have had the same issue here, I just created a new CSS for them, like you mentioned, and just didnt put the 911 partitions in it. So, the new CSS will have everything in it that you had for your normal CSS but just dont put in the 911 partitions.

I am asking another question..

What if the Fax machine is connected to FXS port on a H323 gateway where we don't have any cor list or anything.

How can we avoid this in that case?

hmm, you might then have to create a translation rule and a translation profile to block 911 calls and apply the profile to the fxs's voice port?

Thanks

Thanks that worked. Real simple.

--

/Maximo Rivera/

/HISD IT Voice/Computer Support/

PH# 512-759-5493

FAX# 512-7595496

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: