cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help setting up a new DID

TGettle0001
Level 1
Level 1

We recently acquired a new company with an 877# that we want to have transfered to our phones. Currently the old carrier is forwarding calls to that number to one of our existing DID #s. This is working fine right now. The carrier is in the process of porting the number over to our current provider who will then make that an additional DID for us. I have not created a new DID as of yet on our system, so I copied the format of current working ones and came up with a config. Our carrier said they would be sending all digits, not just the 7 we normally receive for this DID. I was just wondering if it looks correct:

voice translation-rule 14
rule 1 /^8771234567/ /8230/

dial-peer voice 14 voip
translation-profile outgoing BA
destination-pattern 8771234567
voice-class h323 1
session target ipv4:10.0.50.18
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
no vad

voice translation-profile BA
translate calling 14
translate called 14

Thanks again for everyone's help.

4 Replies 4

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The voice translation-profile BA

translate calling 14

Is not necessary. If the plan is to mask the clid for calls from your organization to be presented as the 877 number then you will need a separate translation profile and rule.

If you are using cucm then you could also leverage translation patterns for ingress calls. For egress calls you could use the External Phone Number Mask on the line.

Hth.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks William,

We dont mask our outgoing clid now, each extension shows their own full number on outgoing calls. We do use CUCMBE; I checked our current translation patterns and there is very little setup in there so I am not sure if I need to add one for this line or not. Should the config I posted successfully send an incoming call on the 877 # to the 8230 extension as it stands now?

I am still new to CUCM, I have a little experience in the Cisco SMB market working with the UC lineup, but they are considerably different than the system I have in my office. All the people in here have been a huge help in getting my problems worked out and I really do appreciate the time that all of you take to answer questions.

Thanks again,

Terry

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Terry,

I don't mean to muddy the waters here but if you wanted

you should be able have your telco provider do the translations

on their end. They can direct the new 877 number to DID 8230

before it ever gets to you.

This is how all of our Toll Free numbers are handled.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I thought about doing it that way, but I was honestly trying to do it this way so that I knew how to do it, but that is my backup plan if I cannot get it configured.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: