Replies

1310 Wireless Repeater

dabellan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I have a partner and they have questions about the 1310:

Here's their scenario:

I'd like to be able to provide wireless bridge capabilites using the 1310 to connect a remote area to the main campus via wireless. I would also like to provide wireless access to laptops computers in the area of the 1310. This can be handled if the 1310 is setup as a "repeater". We may also have a need to provide wired access at this location through the ethernet port of the 1310. I know I can switch the radio role to "wireless bridge" but I dont know if that will eliminate the wireless access to laptop computers near the 1310.

Can the repeater mode utilize the ethernet port on the 1310 or is that only available in wireless-bridge mode? If its setup as a wireless bridge can we still have wireless devices near the 1310 connect to the wireless network?

Hope you could give your thoughts or any links for  reference..

Thanks

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Configure it as ROOT and NOOT-ROOT WITH CLIENTS , your need and the issue will get resolved. no need of repeater mode..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Configure it as ROOT and NOOT-ROOT WITH CLIENTS , your need and the issue will get resolved. no need of repeater mode..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Did this work for you and if so what version of IOS are you using on your 1310? I have tried this same setup but was not successful.

Wireless clients work but the wired clients do not.

Thanks,

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: