Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS Ports in 881 IAD not getting released

fejorge09
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

At this moment port 1 is having this problem. Eventually all lines stays in this state... FXSLS_WAIT_RELEASE_REQ.

UTB#sh voice call

0 -          -  -                     vpm level 1 state = FXSLS_ONHOOK

vpm level 0 state = S_UP

calling number , calling name unavailable, calling time 08/24 23:48

1 -          -  -                     vpm level 1 state = FXSLS_WAIT_RELEASE_REQ

vpm level 0 state = S_UP

calling number , calling name unavailable, calling time 08/24 21:08

2 -          -  -                     vpm level 1 state = FXSLS_ONHOOK

vpm level 0 state = S_UP

calling number , calling name unavailable, calling time 08/25 10:07

3 -          -  -                     vpm level 1 state = FXSLS_ONHOOK

vpm level 0 state = S_UP

------------------------------

here the sh ver...

Cisco IOS Software, C880 Software (C880VOICE-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 12.4(20)T4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (c4)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2009 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 02-Sep-09 10:27 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(22r)YB5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

UTB uptime is 56 minutes

System returned to ROM by reload at 20:04:49 UTC Tue Aug 24 2010

System image file is "flash:c880voice-universalk9-mz.124-20.T4.bin"

Last reload reason: Reload Command

This is issue is repeating constantly....

Thanks for any help....

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am afraid you have to contact the tac for this, would try a sw update to 15(0)M3 before anyway.

Thanks! I will try the update first.

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is connected to the other side of the FXS ports?  Is it a paging system (or the like) perhaps?  If so, what type of disconnect supervison is this device looking for to know that it has to go onhook?

Or is it an analog handset?

What happens if you unplug the analog device from the port, and wait 60 seconds?  Does the port go back to ONHOOK?  If so, the other side isn't going onhook.

I'm not sure if the FXS on the 881 do power denial or battery reversal off the top of my head.  At the minimum, you can configure 'timeouts call-disconnect 5' which will make the port send a re-order tone to the device when it is supposed to hang up.

But once you answer what is connected (and if it isn't a handset, what it is looking for as disconnect supervision to go onhook), then we can figure out if/how the 881's FXS can do that.

I should mention: this is only a disconnect supervision issue if the unplug test is successful.  If that doens't change the port state, then it's an IOS bug, and you want to get these debugs as we transition into a bad state:

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vpm sig

(debugs for whatever voip protocol you are running)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: