Views
Helpful
Replies

Audiotext Manager for Connection

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello all,

We are in the final phase of our move from Octel to Unity Connection 7.1(3b)su2 and

are onto building the Audio Text Apps. I have been using ATM for Unity Connection to

construct these new "trees" and it seems excellent (Thanks Jeff) We have about 250 to re-do

so this tool (like all of the great Unity Tools) is a real godsend.

Any caveats to using ATM? I noticed it's NOT TAC supported.....should that be of any

concern?

Any problems with leaving it up and running for days at a time, or should it be shut down

when not in use?

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

not TAC supported just means you can't ask for help with the tool (training and support load issues).  The interfaces ATM is using are identical to that used by COBRAS, User Data Dump, Public DL Builder etc... there's no additional danger involved, all the tools stick to using views and stored procedures (which force obediance to the foreign key constraints and DB rules of the road) - you wont do any damage to your system using ATM.

The ODBC connection (via the proxy service) is not designed to be up for long periods of time - I find it will often "cycle" or drop the connection if I leave a tool (such as CUDLI) attached overnight - doesn't hurt anything but you have to restart the tool - rebuilding multiple in memory tables on the fly when a connection is broken even momentarily is heavy stuff, not logic any of the tools handles.  As a rule I suggest using the tool and existing out when you're done.  Same deal for all apps that connect remotely.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

not TAC supported just means you can't ask for help with the tool (training and support load issues).  The interfaces ATM is using are identical to that used by COBRAS, User Data Dump, Public DL Builder etc... there's no additional danger involved, all the tools stick to using views and stored procedures (which force obediance to the foreign key constraints and DB rules of the road) - you wont do any damage to your system using ATM.

The ODBC connection (via the proxy service) is not designed to be up for long periods of time - I find it will often "cycle" or drop the connection if I leave a tool (such as CUDLI) attached overnight - doesn't hurt anything but you have to restart the tool - rebuilding multiple in memory tables on the fly when a connection is broken even momentarily is heavy stuff, not logic any of the tools handles.  As a rule I suggest using the tool and existing out when you're done.  Same deal for all apps that connect remotely.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much for your excellent feedback and for the ongoing

development and support for these great tools!! Much appreciated

on both counts.

I will follow these guidelines as I work my way through this project

Cheers!

Rob