cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 186 single button cbarge CUCM 7.1

ggovier
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone tried two ATA 186's with single button cbarge?

It won't be hard to try, but just curious if anyone has done it.

I have an as yet unspecified issue with a customer who has some kind of audio confernece bridge with a touch screen interface, and a analog phone, both on the same analog line. Haven't seen how they use it yet. Both devices are on a splitter off of the same analog PBX port, but it didn't work off a single ATA port.

The lines are long enough that I cant be sure the ATA can drive the line for the 2 devices on the splitter.

I was thinking single button CBarge might allow me to drive 1 device off each ATA port (with either one ATA or two).

I don't see any mention of it in the ATA docs I've looked at so far.

Cheers - Glen

1 Reply 1

kusatija
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Glen!

If the question is that single button cbarge works for ATA, then it does work for ATA.

I am assuming that you will be barging from the IP phone after making a shared line with the analog phone on the ATA.

So now if the ATA person is on call, you can barge from the IP phone with the shared line, if your configuration is right.

the config remains the same as the doc below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fsbarge.html#wp1084679

But you will have to make a shared line with an IP phone as mentioned above.

Also make sure that the Privacy feature in the service paramters is disabled.

HTH

Kunal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: