Views
Helpful
Replies

Web-auth doesn't load the login.html page

Carlos M G
Level 1
Level 1

Hello mates.

I have configured a Cisco 2100 WLC. I have configured two WLANs, one of them with Web-Authentication. When I connect to it, I get an IP address, and if I open the browser, I was redirected to the authentication page (in the browser toolbar appears "http://1.1.1.1/login.html", I understand that it works correctly), but doesn't load the page, as if not found (I.E. doesn't find).

I searched the Cisco configuration examples, and in this forum, but haven't found any similar problem.

Any ideas?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I got it try this

go to virtual interface wich u created 1.1.1.1 in wlc in controller>interfaces>virtual

remove the dns name if any, inside the virtual interface

it will work

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

kishork_1987
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

make sure you dont have any proxy settings on the web browser if so you would not be able to get the login page

Hello

Sorry for not specifying details. I  have no proxy server configured in the browser, I have tested with IE  and Firefox, and with two different computers (With Windows XP and Windows 7)  and I have the same problem, so I think that the problem is in the WLC configuration, but I don't know where,I followed the steps of various manuals and examples of Cisco.

I'm using the internal WLC page for web-authentication, and the "Layout 3 security" is correctly configured in the WLAN.

Thanks

Hi;

Check your DNS adress. Make you sure DNS server is working or verify you can reach dns servers.

Hi

The WLC is configured to give me as a DNS server, my DNS server on my network, it works correctly, which is in another range of IPs (10.1.1.x), as well as the IP address I assigned the WLC.

Could it be problem of IPs? I have the management interface in the range 172.16.70.x (I have in this range switches and other network appliances, to manage), the dynamic interface I have in the 10.1.1.x range (This is the office general network), and the virtual interface to 1.1.1.1 as has indicated in the manual for Cisco, and the DNS name is "wificontroller".

When the browser is redirect to login page, in the browser toolbar appears the name of the virtual interface ("wificontroller"), but before didn't have a DNS name, and in the browser toolbar appears the IP (1.1.1.1), but I have the same problem. I have the virtual interface configured correctly?

Thanks

Hi

I got it try this

go to virtual interface wich u created 1.1.1.1 in wlc in controller>interfaces>virtual

remove the dns name if any, inside the virtual interface

it will work

Thanks for you help, I removed the DNS name, and it works correctly. Previously, I tried with this configuration, I suppose that I had some other different configuration. I'm very grateful.

Hi,

I have the same problem, but I already erase the host DNS name from the virtual interface, and the login page does not appear.

If I type 1.1.1.1, I can reach the login page, but it does not load automatically.

Any idea?

Thanks

When you manually enter the address 1.1.1.1,  can you validate and surf the web?

Check you have the correct DNS and gateway on the clients.

After the problems discussed above, switched WLAN interface with web-auth to use another different range of IPs.
When I did, I again had the same problem (In addition, I had not access to network), and was to have incorrectly DNS and gateway.

Also, in my case, I have a Cisco 3750 switch with different VLAN created, customers will get the 3750 IP as gateway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: