Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.5 Random auto dial last missed call problem

troymaki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are running CUCM ver 7.1.5.10000-12 with 7940,7941,7961 and 7962's deployed at mutliple locations.  There have been at least 5 different phones at different locations that will auto dial the last missed call as soon as the handset is picked up.  The users are not setting this option and I can't seem to find anything in CM that sets this as a user configurable option.  The fix so far has been to reset the phone.  Anyone have any ideas as to what would cause this?

Thanks,

Troy

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Troy,

Just to clarify here, are you saying that the user is not looking at the

Missed Calls screen when this happens? If so, is this happening on

a particular IP Phone model? It doesn't seem to be a CUCM bug as far as my

search has led.

If they are looking at the Missed Calls display then this is working as designed

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

The user is just picking up the handset to dial a number.  They are not looking at the missed call list.  It has happened on a 7941, 7961 and a 7962.  It has happened to phones that are setup with a device profile and phones that are not using a device profile.

Thanks,

Troy

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Troy,

Well that's an odd one for sure

I've looked for Bugs @ CUCM 7.1 and IP Phone Firmware 8.5 and 9.0

which I'm guessing these phones are running......and I can't find anything

my friend. Maybe someone else has seen this. Or perhaps it's time to

open a TAC case.

I also checked the CUCM 7.1(5) release notes just in case this was some

crazy new "Feature"

Cheers! Sorry about that

Rob

KRISHNA K V
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Troy,

We are also facing the same issue in one of our customer place. Could you please let me know if TAC has provided any solution for the Random Dialing from the missed call. We also opened a Case with TAC but till date no resolution provided.

Krishna.

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Folks,

We opened a TAC for this, and Cisco got a  fix for new defect CSCtz29414 will be made available in the 9.3.1 firmware release, scheduled for June.

Affected Phones for us

Regards

Ratheesh Kumar

I am currently having the same issue. It has happened in the past , and was fixed with a reset. Now It is happening again and after a reset it is fine, but then maybe 1 hour later it happenes again. I have not found anyway to permanently stop this, so we keep resetting phone. The issue is onl yoccuring on our 7970G phones running 9-3-1 firmware, and the CUCM is

8.5.1.12900-7. Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi Seaman,

I was searching the bugs list and found the Bug CSCuf85411 not exactly to your problem.Can u try upgrading the phone to 9.3(1)SR2?

CSCuf85411 Bug Details

79XX phones autodial number from directory when going offhook
Symptom:
79XX phones will auto dial a number from one of the directories.
Conditions:
Phone is running 9.3(1)ES11
Workaround:
Reset the phone to fix the auto dial issue when it occurs. No workaround to prevent it from happening again.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: