Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM duplicate device when I try to add a new one with contexts

Luis Carranza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I got a problem right now, I'm using CSM v3.3.0 and I'm trying to delete a device with single context and add the same device with multiple context, we made an upgrade of the ASA and now it had 2 contexts, but when the CSM is discovering the device at the end of the process it says:

"The following security context devices could not be added to inventory due to duplicate names: "

but I'm trying to find the other context devices and I just can't find them, i made the same operation off delete/add and it keep saying the same thing.

So if anyone got any idea how to find the other context devices that will be great.

Regards.

5 Replies 5

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The context you had probably was not deleted from the DCR database. Can you check that?

I hope it helps.

PK

Thanks for the answer, can you help how to find the DCR database in the CSM please

uuops hehe don't worry I already find it thanks =)

You should open the server page (not CSM client) and it should be under the Device and Credentials and Device Management.

I hope it helps.

PK

in fact I already there but I don't know if it's right or not because I don't see any device on the list. I think I should start a Discovery don't you think?

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: