Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM duplicate device when I try to add a new one with contexts

Luis Carranza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I got a problem right now, I'm using CSM v3.3.0 and I'm trying to delete a device with single context and add the same device with multiple context, we made an upgrade of the ASA and now it had 2 contexts, but when the CSM is discovering the device at the end of the process it says:

"The following security context devices could not be added to inventory due to duplicate names: "

but I'm trying to find the other context devices and I just can't find them, i made the same operation off delete/add and it keep saying the same thing.

So if anyone got any idea how to find the other context devices that will be great.

Regards.

5 Replies 5

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The context you had probably was not deleted from the DCR database. Can you check that?

I hope it helps.

PK

Thanks for the answer, can you help how to find the DCR database in the CSM please

uuops hehe don't worry I already find it thanks =)

You should open the server page (not CSM client) and it should be under the Device and Credentials and Device Management.

I hope it helps.

PK

in fact I already there but I don't know if it's right or not because I don't see any device on the list. I think I should start a Discovery don't you think?

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card