cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What's Status of the new version of the Unified Call Connector for Microsoft Windows

csco10634145
Level 1
Level 1

When is the version (2.0?) of the Call Connector For Microsoft Windows going to be released? Also will it include 64 bit support, and or Mac support on the client side. 

2 Replies 2

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

The Smart Callconnector is a different product (though an evolution) than the Unified Callconnectors, meant for use on the UC500 platform. I would like to clarify this, as SCC suite is not an upgrade of the existing UCC but rather a different product.

The Smart Callconnector suite is formed by the following apps:

• Smart Callconnector Operator (the operator console, already available)
  • Smart Callconnector Toolbar (a free click to dial application for windows client, already available for download). Currently support 32 bits only but the 64 bit version will be available Fall 2010.
  • Smart Callconnector Advanced Client and Server (an advanced click to dial, presence and instant messaging and visual voicemail application - with federation of external contacts). It is planned for availability end of September 2010 (not yet orderable), and will support 32 and 64 bits Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7). The server component is required to use the advanced client.

Regards;

Alberto

I have an additional question regarding your comment

Will the 64bit version of the client support 64bit Office, or even better will it support 64Bit Tapi ? We are curently using the 1.6 version and plan to move to version 2 but I wanted to see you meant by it supports 64bit. I'm guessing just the OS is supported?

• Smart Callconnector Advanced Client and Server (an advanced click to dial, presence and instant messaging and visual voicemail application - with federation of external contacts). It is planned for availability end of September 2010 (not yet orderable), and will support 32 and 64 bits Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7). The server component is required to use the advanced client.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: