cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problems with EOL phone

joseph_enriquez
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings one and all, was browsing the net trying to get some answers and was wondering if anyone could be of assistance.

we recently bought a  4402  WLAN controller and for the most everything is workig the way it should, however we now have the need to connect 2 7920 wireless phones to the network.  i have created and tested the WLAN instance and can connect to it with a laptop with no issues, hwever when i try to connect the phone to the same SSID it doesn't work.  the phone has been stuck on Authenticating with AP for a few days now.  i'm figuring it something minor that i'm missing but have no idea where to start looking.  while searching i found a thread that mentioned the software and USB cable for the phones but from what i'm being told the phones did not come with any software so i don't have the easy option.  any assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.  thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you dont have the cable or cant connect the phone to an SSID you can't program it.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

thanks for the response, i managed to resolve the issue, the problem turned out to be the initial profile. the key was incorrect, after i wiped it and redid a new network profile i was able to connect to as access point.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card