CCVP or CCNP?? Which one should be 1st?

Unanswered Question
Sep 3rd, 2010

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask about career & certification.

1)I'm currently just CCNA Voice and confused which way to go. I also passed BSCI exam last a few months.

Should I pursue for CCVP or CCNP? Most ppls said I should study and get CCNP first b4 I go for Voice.The reason is because of Jobs Market.

2)When I study my CCNA Voice, I stared with Jeremy's CVoice Video. And then read Cisco Press book.

Do you have any advice with the study methods and plans?

3)I'd like to get some motivation idea for pursuing Certification also. Please advise!

Cheer!

Andrew

Overall Rating: 3 (2 ratings)
Todd Pula Tue, 09/07/2010 - 09:37

I guess the answer somewhat depends on what you are interested in and what your focus will be from a job perspective.  Based on my experience, having a solid foundational knowledge wrt routing and switching will make designing, configuring, and supporting VoIP infrastructures that much easier.  I have utilized many of the Cisco Press Self-Study Guides when preparing for my Cisco certifications.  

Andrewkai Fri, 09/10/2010 - 10:10

topula wrote:

I guess the answer somewhat depends on what you are interested in and what your focus will be from a job perspective.  Based on my experience, having a solid foundational knowledge wrt routing and switching will make designing, configuring, and supporting VoIP infrastructures that much easier.  I have utilized many of the Cisco Press Self-Study Guides when preparing for my Cisco certifications.  

Thanks Mr.Topula,

We should have core knowledge b4 we go others.

Cheer!

Andrew

sachin.bhamra_2 Fri, 09/10/2010 - 05:55

Hi,

Having done the CCNP and over half way through my CCVP, I would advice doing your CCNP first.  Routing and Switching is core and definitely holds its weight in the job market.

The only reference the VP makes with NP is in the QoS and a little in the CVOICE.  Since you already have your BSCI, you've only got another 3 more exams to do for your NP.  Plus, once you've studied and passed your ONT exam, it will make it so much easier once you start your VP track and do the QoS exam.

Another tip, leave ONT till last in your NP track and if and when you pursue your VP track, do QoS first as that material will still be fresh in your mind.

My dilemma is, in Jan 2011, should I do CCIE R&S or CCIE Voice

Regs

Sachin

Andrewkai Fri, 09/10/2010 - 10:15

sachin.bhamra wrote:

Hi,

Having done the CCNP and over half way through my CCVP, I would advice doing your CCNP first.  Routing and Switching is core and definitely holds its weight in the job market.

The only reference the VP makes with NP is in the QoS and a little in the CVOICE.  Since you already have your BSCI, you've only got another 3 more exams to do for your NP.  Plus, once you've studied and passed your ONT exam, it will make it so much easier once you start your VP track and do the QoS exam.

Another tip, leave ONT till last in your NP track and if and when you pursue your VP track, do QoS first as that material will still be fresh in your mind.

My dilemma is, in Jan 2011, should I do CCIE R&S or CCIE Voice

Regs

Sachin

Hi Sachin,

New CCNP Track only has 3exams called SWITCH, ROUTE and TSHOOT. No more ONT and ISCW.

check it out the following link

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/learning_certification_type_home.html

Since you already had your NP and if you really want to focus on Voice, I suggest to go for CCIE Voice.

Cheer!

Andrew

ralphinPS Sun, 10/03/2010 - 03:48

Cheer! Andrew.

Getting job in ccnp is higher than to get ccvp for fresher. Keep in Mind Fresher's.

so certification is you priority or job just think and take action.

Bye Ralphin S

We are in Same Ship

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content