cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Called Name Display problem when placing SIP-to-SIP calls.

Hi, all!

I have an interesting problem.
In my setup a have CUCME running on 2811 (12.4.24T3 ADVIP) connected to Avaya SES by the SIP trunk.
Here is the scheme.
(SCCP Phone)--- CUCME === SIP Trunk === Avaya --- (Avaya Phone)
SCCP Phones connected to CUCME and Avaya IP Phones (for instance 1608) connected to Avaya.
I have Caller-ID on both Cisco and Avaya Phones when I place a call between sites. All other things working fine too, except one thing.
When I place a call from Cisco to Avaya I would like to see Called Name on display of Cisco Phone, but instead I can see only Called number.
The same problem when I am placing call from Avaya to Cisco.

Here`s example:
Cisco Phone --- ext. 4084 name Alex
Avaya Phone --- ext. 4015 name John
Place a call from Cisco to Avaya. Avaya Phone ringing, display correctly displays name "Alex". But I want Cisco Phone to display name "John" rather than "4015" during call setup.
When placing a call from Avaya to Cisco the same thing happens.

I sniffed call flow and here is the result for call from Cisco to Avaya.
1. Cisco sends INVITE to Avaya and there is an Remote-Party-ID header with all information about extension 4084 including a name.
2. Avaya sends 100 Trying
3. Avaya sends 180 Ringing. There is no header Remote-Party-ID but there is a P-Asserted-Identity header with all information about extension 4015 including a name.

So, I wonder why Cisco do not use this header to display a name of extension 4015 on Cisco Phone during call setup?
Ok, I decided to send P-Asserted-Identity to Avaya instead of Remote-Party-ID, command is:
!
voice service voip
sip
  asserted-id pai
!
But this does not solve a problem, it only inserted P-Asserted-Identity in SIP messages from Cisco.

If you know how to solve a problem, please provide a solution.
I will be grateful for the help.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Any ideas?

CUBE does not support PAI headers in 1xx responses today. There is an enhancement request filed for this: CSCtf81218

Thanks,

Pashmeen

OLD POST BUT I HAVE SIMILAR PROBLEM BETWEEN CUCM AND CME.

I CAN SEE THE NAME WHEN CALL IS CONNECTED. BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE NAME WHEN CALL IS RINGING ? DOES CUBE SUPPORT IT

THanks

Haris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: