Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM logs information

bhupendrab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can someone help me in letting me know that what exactly StationD and StationInit refers to in CCM SDL & SDI logs.

If possible please explain me with any example of calls flow with detialed message flow during a call between the devices. If possible also  share the links for the related documents.

Many Thanks in Advance!!!

2 Replies 2

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

StationInit = Callmanager has RECEIVED skinny message from SCCP phone

StationD = Callmanager has SENT skinny message to SCCP phone

Examples

08/16/2010 01:18:53.164 CCM|StationInit: (0000016) SoftKeyEvent softKeyEvent=2(NewCall)

Callmanager RECEIVED SKINNY message from phone that phone had NewCall softkey pressed.

08/16/2010 01:18:53.167 CCM|StationD:    (0000016) StartTone tone=33(InsideDialTone),

Callmanager SENT skinny message to phone telling phone to play Inside dialtone.

Regards,

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

If you are or will be expected to support/install Cisco Telephony, I strongly encourage you to buy below Cisco press book.  It it invaluable and will teach you how to read trace files, understand/troubleshoot anatomy of a voice call as well as troubleshooting all areas of IP Telephony.

Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony (2nd Edition)

http://www.amazon.com/Troubleshooting-Cisco-IP-Telephony-2nd/dp/1587053446/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1283762582&sr=8-1-catcorr

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: