Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking Client usage stats

leedschamber202
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I'm still finding my way around Cisco firewalls at the moment, and could use a little help regarding tracking clients usage.

What I'm after is a list of internal IP addresses, and the total download / upload stats from them.

I had a look at the monitoring graphs but to no avail...

I'm sure there must be something built into the ASDM v6.3(1) to do this, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris.

3 Replies 3

abinjola
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On ASDM------go to-------> firewall Dashboard----------------->.Home----------------->Top Usage Status---------->Top10sources/destination------------>choose (based on bytes)

The above will show you usage of top 10 sources/destination having maximum data-xfer thus consuming maximum bandwitdh

Hope this helps !

Thanks for the quick response matey, unfortunately this doesn't help..

I've enabled the source / destination graph, and it's not showing any internal address only external.

What I'm looking for is something along the lines of:

192.168.0.1 - 200MB(D/S) - 100MB(U/S)

192.168.0.2 - .....

All I'm seeing at the moment is external address on that graph, even set my laptop downloading an 800MB file, and it's IP still isn't showing up on the list yet..

I guess what I'm after is a real-time graph showing which clients are downloading stuff all day long

Cheers

Chris.

I am afraid at this point what you are seeking is not there on ASDM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card