what device credentials do I need?

Unanswered Question
Sep 6th, 2010

Hi all, I hope some of you can help me with a doubt I have.

I need to add lots of devices to CW LMS and there's some info I can't find anywhere. What device credentials do I need to manage the devices (not device discovery)?? I'm not sure if SNMP RO+RW is enough to do everything or if I need to set some login credentials too. Can anybody bring some light into this subject. If you have any document/link explaining this subject would be great.

Your help will be much appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pablo.olveira Mon, 09/06/2010 - 08:08

Nick, thanks for this info, but I'm afraid it does not solve my doubt. I know how to configure the device credentials. Maybe I didn't explain the issue very well; what I want to know is what fields of the credentials are needed in order to manage any device:

- is it enough to configure SNMP RO and RO for the devices?

- do I need to specify the primary/secondary credentials set?? if so, what features depend on these credentials?

thanks everybody in advance!

Mohammed Tolib Wed, 04/20/2011 - 06:37

SNMP RO & RW are enough to manage everthing except fetching vlan configuration. You have to use Telent or SSH to fetch vlan configurations otherwise you will always get a patially succesfull message in RME collection status | Config Archive. 

Mohammed Tolib Wed, 04/20/2011 - 06:40

And about the secondory creditials, No you don't have to configure this. But it is better to configure it just in case of first credintials failure.

This Discussion