Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote access VPN issue

sudhir.rai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have configured Remote access vpn from pix 535 using GUI to access my off desktop from home.After installing VPN client

i try to access from home, but  i was unsucessfull then i check all my config and parametrs which was correct .

finally i gave my credintials to my friend to check whether he was able to access ....which he was sucessfully.

Kindly suggest is it local ISP issue ???( also check the route print of my machine from which the traffic was moving correcly .)

or some config issue.....

I have open port 3389 on pix for my machine . But telnet is not happening.

7 Replies 7

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, are you trying to RDP to your home PC, or you are trying to VPN to your home network? Not quite understand by you have installed the VPN Client, where do you installed the VPN Client, and what is the head end device where you terminate the VPN Client?

I am trying to access my corp off machine from home using RDP .

I have installed VPN client software in my home  pc , but still i am not able to access my off machine.

Using my credtenials when my frnd is trying to access the same from his home he is able to get it.

We both have differnet local ISP.

Which means config is likely to be correct on PIX 535.

Other observations:

From home When connecting through  vpn client, it   accepts  my username and password  , but still not able to telnet on 3389 (RDP port ) on my off machine.

Ip details : Office machine ip 10.14.x.x

VPN ip configured on pix  : 172.25.x.x

Local ip : 10.25.x.x

Thanks for the explaination.

From home, are you connected to the vpn client, and when you try to RDP it fails? OR/ you are not even able to connect to the vpn client?

If you are connected to the vpn client, are you able to telnet on port 3389 to the office PC?

Hi,

I am able to connect to VPN client but when i try RDP it fails.

I am not able to telnet on port 3389 to the off pc, even though vpn is connected.

Also same procdure when carried out by my collegue at his place he was successful.

Are you able to ping the remote desktop PC? Are you able to access anything at all on the corporate LAN after getting connected via VPN?

Are you using the same group policy as your colleague?

NO I am not  able tp ping remote corprate PC since i have only open port 3389 in the firewall for corprate pc .

Yes the group policy are similar to that of my collegue.

please mention if you need more inputs from my side....

Please share a screen shot of the VPN Client statistics, as well as the output of "show cry ipsec sa", and if you can share the PIX config, that would be great too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: