Views
Helpful
Replies

reactive debugging in UCCX 7.0.1

sufle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Last couple days I've had this weird issue happening with IPCC.

I've tried to debug couple of scripts, but they never get triggered, it's like application does not get triggered at all.

Although I call the trigger and it plays menu and actually works.

The script is fine, I know I'm putting correct script name when I debug, I've done it before, the same script, with no problem. It just stopped working last friday.

More info: It's HA solution, both servers are "IN SERVICE", it's a production network 24/7 CC, so I can't just restart the servers without a good reason.

Anything I should be looking into? any ideas???

Many thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hard to say what is going on unless you look at the medt log

Try testing from the script editor on the uccx box and see what happens, this will let us know where the issue lies

We are trying to isolate if this is an issue due to the network or your UCCX has a problem with running the debug

If you do look at the MEDT you will see that the Script Editor fires of a request to the UCCX that it will be performing a debug on script XXXX

The UCCX will response to this and the Script Editor will then poll the UCCX till a call has hit the system.

Determine where the break down in the process lies, also try disabling any anti virus/firewall you have on the client pc should the test on the UCCX box works.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you sure you connected to the node currently processing calls? You may want to try logging into the other node with the Editor in case a failover occurred.

Hi,

Unfortunately that does not help, I did not mention in my first post, but I did try both servers just in case if that was the case.

Although normally I log on to the one that is Master on UCCX Engine service.

Still same issue.

Regards,

by the way, it shows this in status window...:

Error Debugging

Hard to say what is going on unless you look at the medt log

Try testing from the script editor on the uccx box and see what happens, this will let us know where the issue lies

We are trying to isolate if this is an issue due to the network or your UCCX has a problem with running the debug

If you do look at the MEDT you will see that the Script Editor fires of a request to the UCCX that it will be performing a debug on script XXXX

The UCCX will response to this and the Script Editor will then poll the UCCX till a call has hit the system.

Determine where the break down in the process lies, also try disabling any anti virus/firewall you have on the client pc should the test on the UCCX box works.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, I tried it on the server itself and it worked fine.

I'll see if I have something wrong on the PC.

Cheers,

Hi

I see same problem with 7.0.1 sr5, I have tried both boxex and when investigating the medt.log I see debugger enabled, but no triggering of the script.

I see some errors but do not know how to fix see attached medt.log

/John

Hi All

Just to throw another suggestion into this - the most common reason for a debug not launching is a script error that means the script can't load into the engine in the first place. If you dial the app and get the 'system problems' prompt, then it's possible that the script isn't actually runnable. Take a look at the MIVR logs when the call is attempted to see what exceptions are logged or post up the log here.

If the script does execute but doesn't debug then obviously ignore this comment...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

I never fixed the issue, although for me it works if I run debugging on the server itself. So it must be a client computer.

Although I have all ports open, and as I said it used to work before.

If you find the problem, let me know too... It's annoying having to troubleshoot the problem on the server.

Regards,

Hi,

As a quick test, please try closing up the editor on the client PC. Right click on the Editor icon on the Desktop and select Properties> Compatibility tab. Check the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode' and choose 'Windows 2000' from the drop down. Check if that makes any difference.

Hope that helps!

Pablo

Works ok after changing compatibility mode to 'Windows 2000', Thanks

/John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: