Views
Helpful
Replies

LZS VPN compression statistics

damianbell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I work for a financial services company, and presently we're developing software for use in a trading environment that has a bandwidth limitation of 300kbps. As such our developers are looking at every way in which we can compress the data stream, along with reducing the amount of data throughput to help us stay under this limitation. I'm enabling LZS compression in my remote access (PSK, IPSec-IKE) VPN I've configured for them to connect via, however getting any kind of useful stats from this has been problematic, at least anything granular anyway. The commands I've thus run so far have been: -

sh crypto accelerator statistics

sh ipsec sa

The second one here gives me *some* kind of useful information as to the amount of packets compressed, but for the most part it's very high-level stuff. Anyone know anything that gives me granular reporting on how much of the traffic (i.e. per stream) is being compressed? H/W platform is an ASA 5510 running 8.2(2).

Thanks in advance...

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm no ASA expert, but I think it is not possible more granular info about this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: