Reinstall protectlink gateway licenceon new hardware

Unanswered Question
Sep 6th, 2010

For some weeks now I tried to get a VPN client on Mac osx working with the SA520W (firmware 1.1.65). Last attempt I tried was IP securitas. I can't  get it to work. Even worse: with my previous attempt with a normal Cisco VPN client I got the box completely frozen (reboot) , after  the last attempt the WAN port is no longer usable, even after removing all VPN policies and of cource some reboots. This box is finished: I will try to recover it, because besides VPN the Trendmicro gateway, firewall and IPS  the system does the job, allthough the quality and stability of the firmware is not what you expect from a Cisco device. For VPN I will divert to other (working) solutions.

To get everything working I installed new hardware, but now I have to get the IPS and protectlink licenses working on the new hardware. Protectlink installation in the licence admin menu gives a link tot the trend Micro site. Both registration and activation keys give invallid responses. Trend micro helpdesk refers to Cisco support.

Anyone has experience in reactivation of these licences on new hardware ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
hyeh Tue, 09/14/2010 - 10:16

Hi Paul

Please call Small Business Support Center -- 1 866 606 1866

They can help you on this issue

This Discussion