cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Non-Cisco SIP IP Phone

karim7784
Level 1
Level 1

I have Added 2 Non-cisco SIP IP phone to my cluster I have followed the document work fine I had both phones registered but here is the issue

I could call any phone in the cluster but I could not make a call from the cisco IP phone to the Non-cisco phones or from the SIP phone to the other SIP phone.So any step I missed here

4 Replies 4

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

You can check if the "Use Trusted Relay Point" setting is set to ON, if it is turn it off and try again.

And check Step 3 of the Configuration Checklist, specially if the SIP phone does not supporta digest user.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b09sip3p.html#wp1007779

HTH!

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

thank you for your response TESTEVEN dude this did not work I try everything with this standard SIP phone even I try XLite standard SIP softphone it work fine but this one ( WellTech)  It is registered and can call cisco phone but do not recieve any call fastbusy signal when you dial it.

Hi,

Did you add the phone as Third-party SIP Device (Advanced) or (Basic) from  the Add a New Phone Configuration window? 

Have you an MTP resource available?

No incoming calls at all not even from IP phones? do you have any other SIP phone? Can you call between SIp endpoints?

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Karim,

First, take a look at a couple links just to verify your configuration for the 3rd-party SIP devices.  As for basic vs. advanced, there really isn't any difference in the  setup there either.  Basic indicates a single line device.  Advanced  indicates a device that may have up to 6 lines programmed on it.  :

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/sip-endpoints-in-cisco-cucm-acrobits-softphone-and-weephone-for-iphone.html?blogger=David+Hailey

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/sip-endpoints-in-cisco-cucm-x-lite-as-an-example.html

Now you said that you were able to configure X-Lite and it worked without issue.  From a CUCM perspective, you shouldn't need anything special to register a 3rd-party SIP device and then use it to make/receive calls.  With that said, I have to point out that just because Cisco supports configuring a 3rd-party SIP endpoint that does not mean that every 3rd-party SIP phone will work the same, as expected, or at all with CUCM.  This is is largely because SIP is not a ratified standard.  Each vendor implements SIP differently.  So, if you register X-Lite and do not have any issues but you register another vendor and have issues then that likely points to something that needs to be tweaked with the vendor's SIP device or even something about that vendor's device that simply doesn't operate properly in a CUCM environment.  I have a lab environment with CUCM 7.1(3) and have registered 3rd-party SIP endpoints running on iPhone as well as X-Lite without an issue.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: