cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Contact Center Solution

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all, I'm looking for a CCX solution, I want to distribute the incoming calls to the agents and have an IVR solution to provide menu choices for callers or obtain caller data such as passwords or account identification for information access, I understand I need the CCX and IP IVR solution, but those applications must run in a separate hardware? Or I need only the CCX Premium software.

Thanks a lot

David

6 Replies 6

It's a little more than just getting an IVR.  If you get IP IVR you will need UCCE, but I'm sure you could use some sort of other routing engine (e.g. Genesys).  If you want UCCX, then you will need UCM as the PBX or phone switch.

david

Hi David, thanks a lot for your answer, I already have a CUCM 7.1 solution, but I'm confused, are the Contac Center Express and IP IVR two separate solutions that come in two different hardwares?

Thanks again

David

They are the exact same product, just different licenses.  It's kind of confusing, but UCCX is really standalone (but you still need UCM), IP IVR you will need a whole other sets of hardware/software.  Additionally, there's different flavors of UCCX enhanced, premium, etc.

david

hiteshpa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

CCX is an IVR. You can use UCCX Premium for what you are trying to do. IP IVR used in UCC Enterprise deployments.

Thanks,

Hitesh

Hi Hitesh and David, thanks a lot for your info (+5 points), I'm configure the UCCX Premium with a 7816 hardware, but only I see the licenses for agents/supervisors. The IVR license ports is already included? I need at least 10 IVR ports.

Thanks a lot

David

Hi David,

UCCX is licensed differently than IP IVR.  UCCX seats are purchased, and these include multiple features.

A seat provides all the licenses required for all combinations of deployed features. A seat includes two Unified IP IVR ports, an agent, a supervisor, a supervisor logging in as an agent, Cisco Unified Communications phone agent, a historical reports client, or a recording license.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/installation/guide/uccx801gs.pdf

For more info on Seat and License Usage, check out the Getting Started with UCCX 8.0 Guide, found here.  The licensing ingo starts on page 19.  If you are new to UCCX, this doc is a good introduction to the features available.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/installation/guide/uccx801gs.pdf

If you are deploying an earlier release, these releases also have Getting Started Guides available on Cisco.com

-Brendan