Ringtones Query

Answered Question
Sep 6th, 2010
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Hi All,

One of our customer has a requirement for Ringtones.Thet are using Cisco Call Manager version 6.1 along with H.323 Gateway where E1-PRI are terminated.Now when the outside user calls IP Phone user, the customised ringtone should play.

Is it possible?

regds,

aman

Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 6 years 6 months ago

I believe what you are asking for is a feature commonly called Custom Ringback. This is typically seen on cellular networks where you can play music or another custom audio file to the caller while your phone rings. This feature does not exist in any of the Cisco UC products currently available. While this is technically possible to achieve with a TCL script or VoiceXML on a router, it would require some knowledge how to program and would not be end-user facing without the help of an external application server.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
bijin bharathan Tue, 09/07/2010 - 01:44
User Badges:

I think we can put different ringtones for buttons,but different ringtones

based on external and internal call option not able to see.We can differentiate the internal and external calls based on ring frequency.

Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Tue, 09/07/2010 - 05:19
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

I believe what you are asking for is a feature commonly called Custom Ringback. This is typically seen on cellular networks where you can play music or another custom audio file to the caller while your phone rings. This feature does not exist in any of the Cisco UC products currently available. While this is technically possible to achieve with a TCL script or VoiceXML on a router, it would require some knowledge how to program and would not be end-user facing without the help of an external application server.

Aman Soi Tue, 09/07/2010 - 21:23
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply.

regds,

aman

Actions

This Discussion