Views
Helpful
Replies

Ringtones Query

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

One of our customer has a requirement for Ringtones.Thet are using Cisco Call Manager version 6.1 along with H.323 Gateway where E1-PRI are terminated.Now when the outside user calls IP Phone user, the customised ringtone should play.

Is it possible?

regds,

aman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I believe what you are asking for is a feature commonly called Custom Ringback. This is typically seen on cellular networks where you can play music or another custom audio file to the caller while your phone rings. This feature does not exist in any of the Cisco UC products currently available. While this is technically possible to achieve with a TCL script or VoiceXML on a router, it would require some knowledge how to program and would not be end-user facing without the help of an external application server.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bijin bharathan
Level 1
Level 1

I think we can put different ringtones for buttons,but different ringtones

based on external and internal call option not able to see.We can differentiate the internal and external calls based on ring frequency.

I believe what you are asking for is a feature commonly called Custom Ringback. This is typically seen on cellular networks where you can play music or another custom audio file to the caller while your phone rings. This feature does not exist in any of the Cisco UC products currently available. While this is technically possible to achieve with a TCL script or VoiceXML on a router, it would require some knowledge how to program and would not be end-user facing without the help of an external application server.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: